“Creativity is thinking new things, Innovation is doing new things”
In response to the challenges posed by COVID-19 we are currently working with some international partners on how to support COVID-19 responses in low – middle income countries such as Nepal, Iraq and Bangladesh. We are also collaborating in the Community Research Alliance in Ireland.
We are looking for support across a range of areas from making and testing the 3D printed products to funding support to technical expertise/consulting. If you think you can be of assistance, or have resources that you would like to contribute to our Knowledge Hub please get in touch through the contact form.
Field Ready are an innovative organization that focus on solving problems locally. Field Ready is designing effective solutions that can be locally made anywhere and that have a demonstrable impact. These open-source products will be shared widely, and the skills and capacity to replicate them are keys to their approach. Field Ready will have a COVID-19 product catalogue together with the fabrication and materials needed to produce available soon.
eTownz Community Research Alliance
TheTownz are a digital consultancy that work with communities around Ireland to deliver digital community development services. They are currently launching an arm of their company to develop ideas and simple tools and supports specifically targeting communities. EWB Ireland are partnering with eTownz to offer technical assistance where relevant and testing of 3D printed products. We also want to connect interested professionals with opportunities to support eTownz with the skills they can offer. Please visit their website for the full list of areas on which they’re working: Data, Training, Planning, Communications.
World Health Organisation website containing up to date data on the global COVID-19 pandemic and specific technical resources for hygiene and sanitation to combat the pandemic.
- COVID-19 control in low-income settings and displaced populations: what can realistically be done – overview from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Overview of hygiene and sanitation initiatives in low income countries.
- SWA is a global platform for achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goal 6 – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all. They have compiled different resources and tools around COVID-19 for their partners.
- A special issue of “Water Currents” contains links to key websites as well as studies and reports that discuss COVID-19.
- Step by step guide to handwashing
- Practical technology solutions including technical guide on soap making.
- Daily updated resources.
- Resources and tools for water provision and sustainable sanitation.