EWB Ireland Statement: COVID-19
In the interest of health and safety and to protect our members, volunteers, partners and the general public in light of an evolving situation with COVID-19, Engineers Without Borders Ireland has made the following decisions which take effect until further notice;
- All committee meetings, and other meetings with external organisations, will be held through video/phone conferencing.
- Any planned events including talks, workshops, WTINE events will be postponed or moved online where possible.
- Attendance at European conferences for ARCC2020 in Barcelona and & EWB European Forum in Brussels has been postponed.
- We encourage EWB student chapters to follow the rules, policies and procedures of their University or College.
- All overseas volunteering trips are on hold until further notice.
We encourage all members, volunteers and staff to review WHO advice regarding protective measures. Remember you might be healthy and get minor symptoms however it could be passed to someone who is compromised.
There is a lot of speculation and rumor circulating. As engineers we are predisposed to reaching reasonable judgments based on available evidence and reputable sources, rather than engaging in speculation. However here is guidance on looking after your Mental Health at this time.
As this is an evolving situation we will continue to monitor it on a daily basis and provide updates as necessary.
Stay healthy and stay positive